As 2014 draws to a close I have to admit that it was a weird one for me. It wasn't bad per se, but it wasn't fabulous. I had a lot of things come my way personally that were challenges, but that I am choosing to look at as opportunities. More than anything 2014 felt like the bridge to something better. I had such lofty goals for the blog at the beginning of this year and while I gave it my best the for first few months, real life stepped in and I wasn't able to focus on the changes I wanted to implement as much as I would have liked. Blogging-wise that is my one regret. At the same time I feel incredibly positive about what Valiantly Varnished is and can be. For me blogging is a journey and I always want to learn and improve and grow. I'm never satisfied. This is of course a double-edged sword. Which is .I have decided not to put as much pressure on myself in this coming year. That way I don't feel disappointed and I don't feel like I am disappointing you, my readers. I of course do have things I would like to improve on and these will be my no-pressure blogging "goals" for the coming year.
1. Improve my photos. This is always a goal. I have grown leaps and bounds in this area since I first started blogging., but it can be better.
2. Improve my stamping skills. My interest in stamping has been reawakened and I want to improve my skill set in this area.
3. Finishing what I start. I left a lot of loose ends when it comes to series and regular posts in 2014, which I hate. So some series will be going away since they are simply too much for me to maintain and be consistent with. And others will be returning on a more consistent basis!
4. Keeping a regular posting schedule. This one is a toughie. I am technically always on a schedule. This has gone a bit off course from time to time due to life stuff, but I want to be more consistent about how often and on what days I post.
5. More swatches. I thought I wanted to focus more on nail art in 2014 and I did. But I missed swatching! It is hard work and insanely time-consuming, but it is also incredibly fun and there is nothing quite like the rewarding feeling of doing great swatches!
6. Improve the overall look of Valiantly Varnished. I don't want to say anything more than that. You will know when it happens ;)
7. Not to be so hard on myself and to have fun! This is listed as number seven on the list but it really is the most important goal that effects all of the others. Blogging is work. It takes a lot of time and effort so it is crazy to do it if you aren't getting enjoyment out of it. My biggest fear is burning out and losing my love for what is a very large and very important part of my life. Which is why I don't want to put pressure on myself about any of the above. Goals are great but it is dangerous to get down on yourself if you can't reach them. I don't want to beat myself up about anything that doesn't happen.
I am actually really excited about 2015! I have a feeling that it is going to be a big year of change for me not only in my personal life but also here on Valiantly Varnished. Happy New Year everyone and have a great - and safe - New Year's Eve!