After swatching the Zoya Magical Pixie collection (see my swatches & review here), I started playing around with my two favorite colors of the trio, Bar & Ginni. I came up with two fun and super easy nail art designs that anyone can do. Check out pics and how-to after the jump! var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-41312601-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'valiantlyvarnished.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
2. Apply your fast drying top coat and let dry completely.
3. Once dry use the bottle brush from Bar to create a subtle swirl pattern across the nail. You may have to go over the swirl pattern twice to achieve a more opaque look.
4. Let air dry. And you're done!
Next up is a simple dotticure using Zoya Ginni
What you will need:
A pink base color. You can use any kind of finish of your choice,I wanted my nails extra blingy so I opted to use a pink holo polish. I used Lacquer Lust Pink Tourmaline
Fast Dry Top Coat
A dotting tool. Or any item that you can create dots with (hairpins, sewing pins and even q-tips with the cotton removed work!)
And that's it!
1. Start by painting your nails with two coats of you pink base color. Add you quick dry top coat and let dry completely.
2. using your dotting tool and Zoya Ginni add small dots onto your nails. I usually start with one dot in the center of the nail and add dots around it for a more cohesive pattern but this isn' t a must.
3. Let air dry. And you're done!
How easy are these to do?! Each design took me about ten minutes to do - and I did both hands! These designs are great if you are a nail art newbie or if you are simply short on time. If you either of these let me know in the comments section. This is a new series that I will be rolling out and I would love to know how the designs work for you all!