I have been accused of being mysterious more than once in my life. I actually take it as a compliment. I quite like being in the background and observing things. I can't help it, I'm a writer. It's what we do. As I approach the 1 year anniversary of when I started this blog I realize that besides my obvious love of nail polish and nail art, I am still a bit of an enigma to my readers. So I thought I would do a post telling you a few random things about myself.
1. I am a complete and utter geek when it comes to TV and movies. My favorite shows are Doctor Who, Supernatural, True Blood, New Girl and Once Upon A Time. When I want to feel like an adult I watch Mad Men. I actually get giddy just thinking about Pacific Rim. If you haven't heard of it - YouTube it!
2. If I could spend all of my time in a library I would.
3. A friend once told me that I am a 14 year-old boy trapped in a grown woman's body. I do not disagree.
4. I am obsessed with my two cats, Finn and Declan. Seriously could talk about them all day. And sometimes I do. Yes, I am a crazy cat lady. No shame in my game.
5. I have a fear of crocodiles. I almost didn't post this picture they freak me out so much. Blech!
6. I daydream. A lot.
7. I have had a crush on David Bowie since I was 7 years-old. I have seen him in concert numerous times and even dressed up as him for Halloween. Twice.
8. My favorite color is Green. Kelly and Emerald Green to be specific. Purple used to be my favorite color when I was a little girl. I was obsessed with it and wore it every day. Even my room was purple. I don't wear it that often anymore but it still holds a special place in my heart.
9. Nail art and blogging came into my life when I needed it most. I was completely stressed and depressed. Blogging has given me an outlet and I have discovered a creative part of myself that I didn't really know existed until a year ago.
10. If you want to know the latest in celebrity gossip I am your girl. If there were ever a Pop Culture Jeopardy I would reign supreme.
11. In another life I would have been a Criminologist. I love the science and psychology behind it. But I don't think I could deal with the worst of human nature day in and out.
12. If I had my own male harem following male celebs would be in it: Alexander Skarsgard, Michael Fassbender, Russell Brand, Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Channing Tatum (this I admit grudgingly), Hugh Jackman and Jared Padalecki. Yum and YUM.
13. I have a huge sweet tooth. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life I would be perfectly fine with it being ice cream. Preferable Ben & Jerry's since they have such a vast array of flavors to choose from.
14. I have studied astrology for years and can do astrological charts. I also can do a biut of numerology and Chinese astrology. I myself am a Gemini with Leo Rising and Moon in Aries. My Chinese zodiac sign is the Monkey.Which basically means I am moody, love shopping and have a bad temper. Hehe.
15. I am a walking contradiction. And I'm okay with it.