Can you believe we're at the end of 2012?! This year has flown by and I wanted to take a look back at some of my personal faves from the year. There were some pretty awesome collections and polishes released this year, but I decided to narrow it down to my top 10. Check out my picks after the jump!
10. Orly Decades of Dysfunction. This has been my go to nude-y pink neutral for months. It is one of those rare shades that looks good on everyone. Ironically I have never swatched it on it's own so here is a little collage of the various designs I used it for over the last year to highlight how versatile it is.
9. Nails, Inc Sprinkles Collection. This was an incredibly popular collection and it's easy to see why. Gorgeous glitters in yummy colors and fun names? Who could resist? Below is a pic of my favorite from the collections, Sweets Way. You can read my full review here.
7. OPI Skyfall Collection. This collection was a stunner. It even included a 24K top coat, The Man With the Golden Gun, complete with a hefty $30 price tag. There have since been countless iterations of it- and more affordable ones at that. My own personal favorite from the collection is The Living Daylights. A gorgeous glitter that was perfect for Fall.
7. Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York. I literally gasped the first time I saw this polish. I abandoned a no-buy to have it. Total stunner.
6. Cirque Dark Horse Collection. I only recently acquired my first polish from this collection but I have been drooling over it since it's release. Gorgeous hand-mixed glitters. Dark Horse is probably the most popular color of the collection. But my personal favorite is French Roast.
5. China Glaze It's A Trap-eze. The China Glaze Worlds Away Cirque de Soleil collection is a pretty collection filled with vibrant colors and fun glitters. But the true star of the show is It's A Trap-eze.
3. Butter London Two-Fingered Salute. Two Fingered Salute was a one-off Nordstrom exclusive. I remember looking at it and thinking,"a soft green with copper rose gold?? What?!" Pure genius. It truly is one of the most perfect polishes I have ever worn.
1. China Glaze On Safari Collection. Most of the time when collections are released there wil be one maybe two colors that are standouts and the rest are fillers that look like stuff you already have. And then there are those rare collections where every single color is a standout. On Safari was that collection for me this year. I don't own the entire collection (which I have decided needs to be remedied) but I want the entire collection- and that is rare for me. I actually had a hard time deciding which color to highlight for this post. I still use the colors on a regular basis so I had a lot to choose from. I decided to do a little pic collage of some of the designs I have done with the collection to highlight it's beauty and versatility. For me, the On Safari collection is hard to top.
So those are my pics for the best of 2012. What are some of your personal faves of the past year?