I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Beauty Ninja! I am so honored and excited. I love the way this works: You have to answer fun facts about yourself and then pick 11 other up and coming bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to nominate as well. There are so many great blogs out there that simply don't get the attention they deserve so I love that I get to shine a spotlight on some.
Here are the official rules:
Post 11 facts about yourself
Answer the bloggers with less that 200 followers
Go to their pages and let them know!
But- no tag backs. Keep it going!
Below are the questions (along with my answers) Beauty Ninja has for me:
1. What is in your makeup bag right now?
I have far more in my makeup bag than I actually us on a daily basis but I have: NYX Eyeliner in Black/Brown, Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder in Warm Beige, Essence No Limits Mascara in Black, NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown, Maybelline Color Sensation Lipstick in Fifth Ave. Fuchsia and Are You Red-dy, NYX Lipstick in Chaos and Perfect and NYX Soft Matte Lipcream in Monte Carlo, Vaseline Cherry Lip Balm. In case you hadn't figured it out yet I love NYX Cosmetics and lipstick!
2.What form of eyeliner do you prefer and why--gel, pencil or liquid?
Pencil. For one - they are just easier to use. Two- I have really sensitive eyes and pencil is actually the least irritating for me.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I have been obsessed with nail polish since I was a little girl and have been taking pics of various manis for a while and posting them on my profile page on Facebook. I'm also a writer. So finally it occurred to me, "Duh! Why not start a blog that combines the two things you love doing the most?"
4. Do you have any pets and what are their names?
I have two adorable cats named Finnegan (Finn) and Declan that I adopted almost two years ago. I had recently lost my cat of 15 years and wasn't sure if I want another pet until I saw those two little buggers. They are brothers and were a package deal- so I took the both of course.
5. What is your favorite food?
This is a hard one because I just love food, so I don't really have one thing that I love above everything else. If I had to pick it would either be cereal (yes, cereal!) or ice cream. I could eat ice cream for every meal and be perfectly happy. The same goes for cereal.
6. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I don't travel that much unfortunately. I would love to though. I went to Puerta Vallarta a few years ago and that was awesome. But my dream vacation would be a tour of Europe with a stop over in Santorini!
7. What blog do you look forward to reading every single day?
For nails I love The Nailasaurus. Sammy does amazing nail art and I am in awe of her steady hands and creativity.
8. If you could buy any luxury product what would it be?
Hmmm...I'm not a real "luxury product" girl. But my weakness is perfume. I love a good perfume- and I don't mind spending money on one. Though I'm a great bargain hunter and can usually find them cheap on eBay ;)
9. Who is your favorite makeup artist?
My favorite makeup artist of all time is the late great Kevin Aucoin. He was a genius and had such amazing skill and technique. Anyone who has never heard of him just take a look at his book Making Faces and you'll understand what I mean.
10. What would your dream profession be?
My dream profession would be what I do now- but just on a larger scale and with the ability to support myself doing it. I have an office day job but would love to be able to write- and blog- full time.
11. What are your daily makeup items you can't live without?
My powder (I have very oily skin), my lip balm and lipstick.
My Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite type of nail design/mani to do?
2. What's more important to you? Your hair or your nails?
3. What is your idea of the perfect weekend?
4.What is your favorite TV show?
5. Who is your favorite music artist/band?
6. If you could be one celebrity for a day who would it be?
7. What is your all-time favorite nail color?
8. What is your favorite blog?
9. How many times a week do you change your nail polish?
10. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
11. If you could live anywhere but where you live now, where would you live?
And my nominees are...
1. Nail Narcotics!
2. Polish and Such
3. The Beauty Blog Bunch
4. Dressed Up Nails
6. Polishaholics Anonymous
7. Drugstore Junkie
8. Fancy Schmancy Nails
9. Superficially Colored
10. Nail Call
11.Liesl Loves Pretty Things
Have fun ladies answering the questions- I can't wait to read your answers!